Monday, November 10, 2014

Official Announcements

As the press release says:



Fresh off the box office success of “Big Hero 6,” Walt Disney Animation Studios is unveiling the next wave of films it hopes will extend its recent hot streak.



The studio will field its fox-on-the-run film “Zootopia” on March 4, 2016, and and will sail the high seas adventure “Moana” into theaters on Nov. 23, 2016. ...


Now that the cat stamped "approved" is out of the bag, we can finally talk about projects that decorate the inside of the Hat Building and which, stupidly, I forget haven't been officially announced.



This leads to problems, Like, when I mention a title that is out there in Fan-land, and there are websites shouting about it all over the internet, invariably I get a phone call from Disney saying "We haven't officially announced this yet."



Which (whoops!) slips my mind. Because I see the name cropping up hither and yon, and figure (wrongly): "Okay, it's out and known now."



So I'm glade when the trades trumpet a press release that announces and animated feature. It means I can stop walking on eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment