Tuesday, August 26, 2014

MacFarlane and Music



Seth MacFarlane is plugging his oncoming Christmas album with interviews.



...Q: Do you have any favorite holiday albums that inspired the sound [of yours?]



I’m not frankly a huge conossieur of holiday music, but I love orchestral jazz. I love that era of high orchestral musicality that bears a lot of similarities to holiday music in a lot of ways. As far as holiday records, gosh I don’t know -- the Home Alone soundtrack? ...


What interested me most about the interview with "Billboard" was this:



Q: How do you rationalize your faction of fans who may continue to expect comedy from your musical projects?



Surprisingly, a good chunk of Family Guy fans recognizes why we do this -- they see that against all the comedy is a legitimate regard tor the importance of music. It's virtually the only show left on TV that uses a live orchestra for every episode. We use anywhere from 50 to 90 people, depending on how many players are available.


Big, live orchestras? I had no idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment