Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Walt Disney Animation Studios

When I was at the Art Institute of Seattle ten years ago, I quite honestly had no clue as to what I wanted to for a living.  Probably like a lot of us, I just knew I wanted to "do something in art."  

Right then,  I started to come across the work that Disney was doing at the time, and in a flash became inspired to begin to pursue animation.  Quite obsessively actually.   I felt like a total slacker in high school, but animation just ignited something in me and all of a sudden I wanted to... wait for it... work hard!  What?! I now had this pie-in-the-sky dream of being a Disney Animator.  

Since then, I've had the good fortune to do a lot of things in this industry,  and I'm forever grateful for every experience I've been blessed with, good and bad.  I've had some amazing experiences w/ amazing people that I wouldn't change for anything.  What helped me pull through the bad was remembering what changed my life in the first place, and why I even wanted to do this.  So, as you can imagine, I feel extremely lucky to say that I've accepted a position as a Character Animator for the Walt Disney Animation Studios, working on their next feature film, Wreck-It Ralph!

It's still pretty surreal to say it.  And I know it's not cool to be this geeky when you're a already a professional, but man,  I GREW UP ON THIS STUFF!

Wish me luck because I'll need it!  Blue Sky Family!  You've all been awesome and the pleasure was all mine.  Thanks for your support everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment