Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Schoolism: Assignment #1

Tonight I did my first assignment for my Schoolism class with Stephen Silver.  Our task was to design a character named Jerry Loomy based on a set description.  Here's a few bits from the description.
 Jerry Loomy.  
Used car salesman boss.
A cruel, moody ,high strung, dishonest man.
Stocky Build around 5'4".
A large round head with deep set eyes and sunburned skin, and
a patch over one eye.  

Receding hairline with a pony tail.

Here's my Jerry. I would totally buy a car from this guy.



And the initial small sketch I started from:

Based off of the description , I turned to our adorable friend Danny Devito for inspiration.  Who doesnt?! 



And while I'm sharing, here's a little Illo I did for Cheryl as a Christmas gift. 


She really does sleep w/ the dogs like that.  But how could you not with a face like this?


In other news, I think I'm just about done with my first animation test at Blue Sky.  I know, its been pretty kick back so far.  But this year is gonna get super busy fo sho.  Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment