Friday, July 1, 2011

Amazing New Animation Tutorials

Ok...I've been holding off on this post till the both of them were released and today is the day! Both Ken Fountain and Jamaal Bradley released Video Tutorials found over in the STORE section of the jrawebinar site.
They are  both Ianimate.net instructors and I had Ken for my first block of classes for Ianimate and it was a great experience. He is super insightful when it comes to acting and dialogue...he is an extremely talented animator and multi-talented in the arts. His lectures always made me think about my acting choices and pushed them to be the best. It doesn't hurt that he has some improv acting in his background, so I have no doubt that these video tutorials are going to be great! I have also recently bought Jamaal's tutorial and well worth the time and money. I never had him as an instructor but within Ianimate I was able to watch his lectures and critiques all the time. He definitely stood out to me right away with his passion for animation. He really pushed the animators to get the best possible work and was always super thorough and clear in his feedback. Watching his process of breaking down an acting shot, I found super detailed and informative and picked up some new tips of how to improve my own workflow. He is an industry vet that has always prided himself on doing great animation work and it shows!


"...from Planning to Polish..." Promo Trailer from Jamaal Bradley on Vimeo.
"...from Planning to Polish..." is a 3 hour,  3 part video that takes a shot from planning to final presentation.  Using 8 steps, the videos demonstrates one of the workflows I use when I am working.






So head on over and check them out!
Really Enjoy!
JP

No comments:

Post a Comment