Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mike Walling: Body Mechanics

Hey everyone, this was just sent out in the latest Jason Ryan newsletter.This is what Jason had to say.
 

"New Awesome Walk Through Video  

When I first started in Disney Animation Studios back in Dec 1995, I was really inspired to see legendary animators such as James Baxter, Glen Keane, Andreas Deja, and Eric Goldberg host a series of demos called Chalk Talks.  We would all cram into a theatre and the directing Animators would talk about how they approached animation.  This very event was the spark that lead me to record my own Tutorials back in '07, Webinars in '08,'09,'10 and now create the ianimate.net One of my Instructors for ianimate.net has recorded an awesome Body Mechanics Quicktime Video that is now available for purchase and download from http://jrawebinar.com workshops. When ever I start to show my work flow, I tell animators that my workflow is just one approach of many, it is so important to see and learn from as many professional animators as you can so that you can develop your own approach.
Mike Walling Videos
Mike Walling Body Mechanics
Mike is amazing at communicating very clearly how he approaches animation.  In his first Video he shows how he uses live action reference as inspiration for his planning and blocking stage.  In his second video he runs through how he polishes his shots into full feature level animation.  We are making these quicktime videos super affordable and downloadable so that anyone who is learning animation can avail of this resource.  Mike really enjoyed the process of making this video so much that he has already planned out his next video"


So check em out and enjoy! You can also check out Mike's site
JP

No comments:

Post a Comment