Thursday, September 4, 2008

09/04

For today's (yesterday's) skip lunch and draw-a-thon.

Also, check this out if you havent already!Sketchbook with original sketches by 50 great artists being auctioned for Primary Children's Medical Center.

What an amazing thing to do ! I ran into Randall Sly (who, incidentally, runs the Character Design blog) at the comic-con while we were waiting in line for Eric Goldberg to sign our books. I told him how much I loved and appreciated the CD blog. We chatted a little about animationy stuff and he showed me a sketchbook he was taking around the comic-con, collecting sketches from various artists. I thought oh wow thats a cool idea, I should totally do that. But I had really NO idea how selfless his intent was . What he's doing is nothing short of amazing, inspiring, and my hats off to him.
We parted ways and I pointed him in the direction of the amazing Joe Moshier (who was just around the corner, down at the Conduct Happiness booth.) Do check it out, its obviously for a good cause, and you get an amazing collection of art to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment